Tanner's Service Center, Inc (Tanner's) was started by J. Sherman Tanner
in 1956. It was originally called the Service Center. When the business opened its doors, Sherm was working out
of his garage in Auke Bay's Tanner Terrace area, selling and servicing Homelite power equipment. The business grew to
include boats and Evinrude motors and, after moving several times around the Juneau area, settled at 808 Front Street in Douglas
in the mid-70's, when Sherm sold the business to his daughter and son-in-law, Janet and Bill League.
Establishing a family
tradition, Bill passed the business on to his daughter and son-in-law, Maraiya and Robert Gentili. Robert has
worked in the automotive industry for over 10 years and is familiar with most makes and models. He has also recently
been certified by both Evinrude and Tohatsu.
have loved being a part of the Southeast Alaska Marine community for the last 50 years and look forward to serving in the
Marine and Automotive industries for the next 50.